Thursday, October 8, 2009

This update is directly from my journal...and entry from 10-6-09.

Papa I am so overwhelmed right now. That you would trust me in this venture of Your's. I feel so inadequate and at the end of myself. I know You are made strong in my weakness and I praise You for that. But Papa, even in my weakness, please give me strength. We went to a village last night and were asked to do a service. My thoughts raced and all I could think was "who am I... how can I give them anything, I have nothing that they need." And yet, I know watching the faces of the 29 people there that it wasn't about what I could or couldn't do, it was about me allowing You to flow through me. The saw Your love for them through us. Despite messing up the verses of the song or forgetting small details in the stories. Despite me not being able to eat much of the food....they saw Your love for them, which is the reason we came. Papa I am humbled by You and I feel such love from You. I know You have wrapped me in Your arms and You're holding me. I know you wrapped Your arms around the woman who hosted us last night. All that was done by the villagers last night was out of a deep hunger for more of You. Despite the risk they were putting themselves in, they wanted more of You, they wanted to know the word You had for them on this night. They meet 4 times per week after a full day in the fields. It wasn't a duty or a drudgery, they deeply yearn for You, for Your presence and to hear Your oice. Increase my hunger Papa.

1 comment:

Cristol said...

So precious - thank you for sharing this Tori! What a great visual you give of Him flowing through you, this is so perfect, we tend to forget that we are the vehicles and He is the driver and through us he can do all things only when we open our hearts and minds and allow him to flow through us so evenly and clearly.

Praying for you sweetie!