Thursday, September 17, 2009

Outreach

So it's been a long time since I posted...the last 6 weeks has been incredibly busy. God has done amazing things in my life and I am forever changed. We have learned about the Fear of God, wanting to have His heart more than anything and hating sin in the same way He does. I've learned what it is to truly walk in intimate fellowship with my Heavenly Father. I've learned that humility is being willing to be known for who I really am and that if I truly love others, I will walk in humility. I've learned that love is wanting the highest good for God, for others, and for myself. All of these things have changed me and I can say that while it has been tough in so many ways, I wouldn't have missed this for anything. I am ruined for the ordinary in every way imaginable. I can't imagine how I ever settled for living a mediocre life. I want nothing more than to live in this intimate relationship with my Papa, my Husband, my God.

We have started our outreach today. We traveled to Abilene, Texas this morning, moved into the church where we'll be staying for the next ten days, had a brief orientation,an amazing mexican nacho dinner, and then some of us went to a county prison for ministry. The girls ministered in the women's section while some of the guys ministered in the guy's section. God touched the women's hearts through the songs we sang and the testimonies that were shared. It definitely wasn't about us or any abilities we might have had...it was truly Him flowing through each of us. We were also able to minister one on one with the ladies and pray for them. And all of this was done by the students as our two staff members were not cleared to enter the prison, which they didn't know until just a couple of hours before we went to minister. What a way to start outreach!!! It was great and I can't wait to see all that God has in store for these opportunities.

I will try to post a few more times before we leave for foreign outreaches to Mexico, Brazil, or the Asian country I will be traveling to on Sept. 29th.

No comments: